After your leads become customers, it is easy to think that your relationship with them and your brand is over- but this is far from the truth.
Among so much information on our blog... why not go back to the basics? Let's understand in depth exactly what an explainer video is and how it can enhance your marketing strategy. Keep on reading!
An explainer video is a short animated video that focuses on explaining a business idea in a simple, engaging and compelling way, by using a clear and concise language; appealing and attractive visuals that quickly grab the viewer's attention. It's both informational and educational, generally it explains what the company offers, how it can help the customers with their problem and why that product/service is the best option in the market.
What makes these videos different from any other marketing video? Check out their main characteristics!
- Short: explainer videos are short and very straightforward (no longer than 90 seconds on average).
- Simple: they pass out a simple and clear message by following the classical narrative structure of “what”, “how” and “why”.
- Focused on the target audience and their problems: these types of videos are made to meet the target audience's needs, so as to make them feel identified with the company's proposal.
- High quality: to get the best marketing results, these videos need to have the best quality in order to make the company stand out from the competition.
- Animated characters: explainer videos generally use animated characters to give a fun touch that generates a strong connection with the target audience.
- Branding colors: they generally use the look & feel of the brand's identity in order to spawn strong brand recognition.
- Music: explainer videos have music and sound effects that set the mood to tell a specific story and help to increase engagement.
- Professional voice-over: These videos are also featured with a professional voiceover artist that reveal what is being shown on screen.
Tip: when making an explainer video, it's very important to make it 100% customized to your target audience’s needs. Template videos lose quality and effectiveness dramatically. Watch this great example of a custom one that we made for Walmart:
Learn more about the importance of customizing your marketing videos.
Benefits Of Making An Explainer Video
Now that we know what an explainer video is and what their main characteristics are, the question is: how can it help you promote your company? We've compiled 4 great benefits they have for enhancing your marketing strategy. Check them out!
#1: Explain your business idea in just a matter of seconds
Explainer videos are great to explain your business idea in just a few seconds, they work perfectly to quickly grab your audience's attention. By placing an explainer video above the fold in your homepage, you could increase the average visit time by 2 minutes!
#2: Boost your online visibility
Hence, if you make your visitors stay longer on your page, it is widely appreciated by Google (or any other search engine), considering it as of interest and will rank it higher. Also, video content gives you the opportunity to be on YouTube, the 2nd largest engine and the 3rd largest social networking site on the web. Freshtunes are a great example of this, watch their video:
#3: Increase conversions
Explainer videos are very catchy, appealing and compelling, and they encourage people to keep on watching. People can understand what you do in a fast, simple, informative and fun way. This is very important to start growing your conversion rates. Just for you to have an idea, an explainer video can grow conversions by 20% on average!
#4. Build brand awareness
If you apply the colors of your brand to the background and landscape of your video, the viewers will know that your company is the one behind that proposal. Additionally, if you customize the characters of the video based on your target audience's style, look, age, etc. you'll generate a strong emotional bond with them. All of this helps a lot to build brand awareness and drive trust towards your company.
So, if you think about the main features of these videos, you can see that they can help you through every stage of the sales funnel: awareness, consideration and decision. It all depends on the message you want to transmit and what kind of “action” you want to generate from your target audience. Don't miss the chance to use such a great cost-effective marketing tool!
If you want to learn more about video marketing in general and animated marketing videos in particular, visit our blog and get the latest news, trends and tips!