YouTube is currently the #2 largest search engine in the world and #3 largest social network.
If you're taking your video marketing strategy seriously (and even your SEO strategy), you should consider setting up and optimizing an account, if you don’t have one yet. YouTube will not only give you great visibility, but will also be a key driver to boost engagement with a ton of people.
In this blog post we've compiled 12 useful stats that will certainly help you plan your online video strategy on this platform. Check them out!
1. YouTube has over 1 billion users.
2. Almost one-third of all the people on the web are YouTube users.
3. YouTube reaches more 18 to 34 and 18 to 49-year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
Tip: did you know that Millennials (users between 18 and 34 years old) LOVE online video content? Read this article and understand why!
4. 80% of YouTube's viewers are from outside the U-S.
5. YouTube has 4 billion daily views.
6. More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices
Tip: Psst! Going mobile is no longer an option; it's a must! Check out this blog post and learn how you can make your website mobile-friendly using video content.
7. The number of hours people spend watching videos on mobile devices is up to 100% year-over-year.
8. An average viewing session on a mobile device lasts for more than 40 minutes.
9. Users have already watched 350,000 hours of VR (Virtual Reality) Video on YouTube, using Google Cardboard.
10. Over 57% of Canadians find YouTube more engaging than TV.
11. 5 hours per month is the time U.S. users spend on average on the YouTube app.
Tip: do you also have your own mobile app ready to introduce to your target audience but you're not sure on how to promote it? These tips might help!
12. YouTube viewers who completed a TrueView ad are 23 times more likely to visit or subscribe to a brand channel, watch more by the brand, or share the brand video.
Are you ready to implement your YouTube strategy? We also recommend that you download our free eBook on How to Rank #1 on YouTube, which covers interesting tips on video SEO and distribution. Good luck!