Your video can be a masterpiece, but if it's not focused on your target audience it will all be in vain.
Consumers are turning to their mobile devices more and more each day. Marketers are focusing on mobile marketing at an increasing rate. People appreciate brands that offer a great mobile experience. And you still have doubts on going mobile and setting up a mobile marketing strategy?
Don't waste more time! 2017 is your year! And here we are to help you make that key decision: check out these amazing 15 mobile marketing stats!
Awesome Statistics That Will Encourage You To Go Mobile
Make up your mind and go mobile. Take this valuable data and start planning your 2017 marketing initiatives!
1) 80% of internet users own a smartphone.
Pretty amazing stat, right? And this number will certainly keep on growing. Ready to face the mobile era?
2) 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine.
This is why it's so important that you create interesting and valuable content to make it easy for your target audience to find you in their mobile searches.
3) 33% of consumers start mobile research with a branded website.
Producing appealing and relevant content is a must to stand out as an authority in your niche and help your prospects reach you.
4) 26% of consumers start mobile research with a branded app.
Although mobile apps have had a huge rise in the last few years, consumers still prefer search engines to research a product or a service.
5) Tablet devices account for the highest add-to-cart rates on e-commerce websites at 8.58%.
If your are in the e-commerce field, pay special attention to the design and user experience of the tablet version of your online store.
6) Over 50% of smartphone users grab their smartphone immediately after waking up.
“50%”, “immediately”, “after waking up”... first thing they do in the morning. Take advantage of this to get to your customer through a device they rarely leave aside.
7) The percentage of companies optimizing email for mobile devices increased by 22% in 2014.
More and more companies are working on a systematic mobile email strategy. Are you going to get left behind?
8) The two most popular ways companies are optimizing for mobile are:
- Using a simple template that works for all devices (52%)
- Creating a mobile responsive email template (39%).
9) 71% of marketers believe that mobile marketing is the core to their business.
Going mobile is no longer a choice. You have to be a part of it! Mobile marketing has shown to have a great ROI.
10) 58% of companies surveyed have a dedicated mobile marketing team.
If you have the chance to have a dedicated mobile marketing team, with specific expertise, to plan every single mobile initiative, go ahead! You'll get better results, for sure.
11) Google says that 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead.
Are you going to make things easy for your competitors? Or are you going to do things just like you should do? Provide your users with a great mobile experience and build loyalty among them!
12) Mobile email opens have grown by 180% in the last three years.
One of the most common uses of smartphones is opening emails. Are you taking advantage of this? Look at that stunning stat! 180%!
13) 91% of mobile users say that access to content is very important.
Going mobile also implies that you make it easy for your target audience to find and access your content in a fast and simple way.
14) 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.
Once again: make sure you provide your customers with an amazing mobile experience. Great mobile design and an amazing user experience will be key to get the best ROI.
15) 48% of millennials view videos solely on their mobile device.
Going mobile is a must. Even more so if you're targeting a young audience! In that case, make sure you provide optimized video content.
And hey! Did you know that video content can be your key ally to make your website mobile friendly? Stay tuned for the latest trends and stats on marketing!