Having trouble getting visitors to your website?
Do you want to be easily found and turn visitors into real customers?
Look no further. The solution is at hand!
It doesn’t matter if you’re a young entrepreneur or a settled startup, in any online business your goal is to make Google and YouTube your best friends.
If you’re not seen by search engines, it doesn’t matter if you have great content. You have to be found in order to be seen, watched or shared. This factor is called online visibility.
With that in mind, we’ll show you how a single animated explainer video can be a great choice to turn Google’s eyes on you.
1. Make it easy for Google
Google is the number 1 search engine in the world and it loves video content. That’s the reason why videos are 53 times more likely to appear on Google’s first pages than plain text (Forrester).
One thing that affects your website rank on Google is the amount of time visitors stay on it. Did you know that the average visit lasts just 8 seconds? That’s not a great number. And in that 8 seconds you have to explain who you are, what you do and why you’re the best option.
That’s a bit scary, but don’t despair!
By placing an animated explainer video above the fold on your landing page, you seize those 8 seconds by catching visitors’ attention immediately. And the fact is, once you catch them, they’ll stay 2 minutes longer on average. That is great for Google and also gives you the time to explain your business idea and turn visitors into customers.
Here are some tips to improve your Google rank:
• Remember to place your explainer video above the fold on your landing page.
• Choose a great thumbnail to catch your audience’s attention.
• Make it short (less than 2 minutes) so that people watch it completely.
• Name it with a business-related keyword so it can be found by your potential clients.
• Place social media links near the video so it can be shared easily.
2. Be on YouTube
YouTube is the world’s 2nd biggest viewing platform. It not only features video content, but its videos always appear first on any Google search. It’s no secret that Google has owned the video-sharing website since 2006.
YouTube’s numbers are outstanding. Over 100 hours of video are uploaded every minute and visitors watch more than 200 million hours of video a day.
So if you want to grow your online visibility through an animated marketing video, this is the place.
Here is some useful advice to rank high on YouTube:
• Use relevant keywords on your video title and the about section.
• Always place a link to your landing page in that same section.
• Use as many relevant words as you can to tag your video.
• It’s always helpful to place a transcript of your explainer video script.
• Don’t forget to keep your video short so it is watchable and sharable.
3. Grow on Social Media
Besides rising on Google and YouTube’s search engines, it’s vital for your animated marketing video to be shared on as many social networking sites as possible.
In addition to posting your videos, it’s important to be active on your social media networks. Don’t be shy about inviting your audience to comment, like and share.
Video is the easiest content to spread through social media. It’s 40% more likely to be shared than text and pictures (Usurv). 60% choose Facebook to share their videos and on Twitter, 700 videos are shared every minute.
Look over these essential tips to get your video shared:
• Encourage your potential customers to share your video anywhere they can.
• Increase online branding by liking and commenting on other companies’ videos.
• Ask them to like your Facebook fan page and follow you on Twitter.
• Don’t forget to place active social media links near your embedded video.
• Don’t hesitate to promote your video posts if you think your company needs it.
Also, don’t forget to create constant content for your blog and website. Remember that every action that increases online traffic is always welcome.
One more thing: Google, YouTube and social networks allow you to boost your visibility by paying for wider promotions. It’s a great first push to hype your explainer video as well as your business, and it’s also an easy, cost-effective strategy that supports your traditional marketing.
Now, make sure you listened closely to this useful advice and choose one or all of the tips to boost your visibility.
Be on top of Google searches, get easily found on YouTube and prepare to be shared everywhere!